2011 Chairperson’s Message
Greetings to All,
As I write this letter, we are closing out another successful year of CAAEN leadership and professional development.
We’ve had many successes this year:
• Our CAAEN membership grew to 24 with the addition of Ernst & Young, Clorox, and HSBC.
• Our leadership training program recognized 25 graduates from 12 CAAEN member companies.
• Our annual event was sponsored by Charles Schwab in September. With the theme,
Follow Your Aspirations to Inspire Future Leaders, our executive speaker panelists from Charles Schwab, Ernst & Young, San Francisco Board of Supervisors, Sodexo, and PG&E all shared their valued insights and success strategies with the 200+ attendees.
• Our leadership summit was hosted by IBM in November. More than 35 CAAEN ERG leaders, sponsors, and HR managers met to share best practices, discuss leadership and organization effectiveness, and provide input to next year’s strategic planning.
• In January and August, we hosted 2 executive speaker webinars via Cisco’s WebEx technology with featured speakers from Sodexo and Ernst & Young.
This year we extended special recognition to two CAAEN members:
• IW Group became our first Honorary Member for their creative leadership and outstanding contributions. We thank them for developing our new logo now refreshed with more vibrant colors and a tagline that communicates our key initiatives: Mentor. Inspire. Succeed.
• IBM and their San Jose Asian American Network ERG provided invaluable leadership and support. They graciously hosted students in our leadership training program at 2 of our 4 face-to-face sessions as well as attendees at our leadership summit in November.
It has been my honor and privilege to have served as your Chair this year. I’ve had the tremendous fortune to have worked with a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers on this year’s Executive Committee – Gail, Crystal, Leonides, Arlene, Debbie, Armando, and Rita. Additionally, our team has benefited greatly from our advisors (and former chairpersons) – Joyce, Alan, Ray, and Gloria.
I know we have a great team of new and returning members for our 2012 Executive Committee. I look forward to working with all of you in my new advisory role and celebrating our continued successes next year.
Mae Jean Go
CAAEN Chair for 2011