Dear CAAEN Community:
are seeking nominations for enthusiastic volunteers from within the
CAAEN family of ERG and IM members to serve on 2014's CAAEN Leadership
Board or Directors.
2013, CAAEN has continued to serve the Asian American Corporate Network
by hosting strong networking and educational events, graduating another
class of successful Leadership Training Program students, and
solidifying ties with the Asian-American Community. If you or someone
you know is interested in being nominated next year's CAAEN Executive
Board, please have the nominee fill out the Nomination Application Form. We ask
that nominations and self-nominations be forwarded to the nomination
committee at email@example.com by no later than Friday, December 6th,
2013 so that the team may move quickly to select and create the slate
of candidates for elections.
The 2013 Elections for 2014's Board include these following positions, which can be shared as "Co-Chairs":
- Chair (potentially 2 Co-Chairs)
- Vice Chair of Leadership
- Vice Chair of Events
- Vice Chair of Marketing
Details can be found below.
elected board term will begin on January 1, 2014 and end on December
31, 2014. However, the training of the elected candidates will start in
late December 2013 to guide the transition of the board members into
election committee will review the nominations submitted, and the slate
will be provided in early December prior the the Year-End Luncheon.
Please feel free to direct any questions you have about the election process to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CAAEN Officer (Board Member) role in at CAAEN is
- to provide a means for the Officer to communicate and
work with the ERG’s, the Community, and each other, and
- to inform CAAEN Members about important activities
happening at the CAAEN
- to practice to be a better personal and
organizational leader in the community
The CAAEN Board of Officers also assists with recruiting
ERG members to participate in a variety of CAAEN-wide events, including
workshops, activities, etc.
All CAAEN Officers
- Represent ERG members from your ERG or IM Group.
- Attend all Executive board meetings.
- Discuss questions and concerns about issues that relate
to the CAAEN and share in the collective work of generating ideas about
improving the quality of the CAAEN’s leadership, education and community
- Represent the CAAEN at one or more leadership, education
or social events.
- Obtain CAAEN Member opinions and ideas for improving
programs and services.
- Communicate the viewpoints, opinions, suggestions, requests
and observations from your ERG or IM membership
Serve in one of the following Officer positions:
- Serving our member organizations and making a difference
in our communities
- Promoting, marketing and sustaining CAAEN as a valuable
non-profit organization for CAAEN’s members and communities
- Leading CAAEN’s tradition to mentor, inspire, and succeed
in 2013 with new services, programs and events
- Inspiring, mentoring and energizing team members and
- Providing strategic guidance and profitable and
sustainable model for the organization
- Continuing CAAEN’s vision to be the most valuable partner
to Asian Employee Resource Groups among the public, private, and educational
- Manage CAAEN’s finances and budget
- Provide timely updates of budget
- Timely filing of all taxes and public documents as
required by the law to maintain its non-profit status in good standing
Vice Chair of
- Coordinate CAAEN events which will appeal to a broad
range of the internal CAAEN community, and also the external Asian American
- Serve as liaison to ERG members’ events, and CAAEN staff
to participate CAAEN’s events.
- Plan the CAAEN Annual Event
- Recruit members, and staff to participate in events
- Promote CAAEN events to the CAAEN community
Vice Chair of
- Serve as liaison to the CAAEN external community to
establish good community relations to bring awareness to CAAEN’s mission and
vision, and the services CAAEN provides
- Establish good relationships with potential new members
- Alongside the Vice Chair of Communications, educate the
community about CAAEN through all communication portals.
Vice Chair of
- Plan and host the CAAEN Leadership Development Training
- Act as product manager to provide direction to new
training and leadership programs the CAAEN community would like to attend.
- Take meeting minutes at all CAAEN meetings, post to
CAAEN’s shared drives and circulate electronically to all Board members
- Maintain roster of membership
- Timely maintenance of membership handbook and policies
- Create, maintain and administer share points for
- Assist Vice Chair of Communications on maintenance of the