posted Jan 7, 2011, 5:30 PM by Crystal Kung
updated Jan 7, 2011, 5:34 PM
Asian Pacific Islanders for Professional and Community Advancement
(APCA) is an employee resource group
of AT&T Inc.
A major goal of the group is to promote diversity and its advantages throughout our corporation and our communities.
One way we accomplish this goal is by granting annual, non-renewable scholarships to college-bound high school students.
For more information click here: http://apca-att.org/scholarship.html
The 2011 application deadline is March 1, 2011.
- For the 2011 Program, we will be awarding five $1800 Samsung/APCA scholarships and four $1500 APCA scholarships.
- At least one of the scholarships will be awarded to the top-scoring child or legal
dependent of a current APCA member in good standing.
Our scholarship is open to:
- All full-time graduating high school seniors in good academic standing (minimum GPA 3.00 on 4-point scale,
or 3.75 on 5-point scale), of any ethnic or cultural background, who plans to attend an accredited college (2-year and 4-year)
or vocational school.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- They must be a resident of one of the following
states or metropolitan area where we currently have APCA chapters:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri,
New Jersey, Texas, and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area
(Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia).
To ensure that your application is processed,
each of the following items must be received as part of the application package to APCA@att.com
by the deadline::
- Completed Application, includes list of applicant's school activities, civic and community involvement,
work experience, special skills and sports, and awards/special recognition.
- Original Essay Written by the Applicant,
of no more than four (4) pages.
Please be creative, thoughtful, and well-organized. Be sure to address
this year's subject theme and answer all questions listed.
- One Letter of Recommendation that clearly supports strength in character,
contributions to the community, and leadership qualities while maintaining an above average GPA.
- High School Transcript from the attending high school business office.
The following instructions are for submitting your application electronically via e-mail:
- The application and original essay must be submitted by the applicant via e-mail in Microsoft Word format.
- The letter of recommendation must be submitted
directly to APCA by the preparer via e-mail or a Word, PDF or JPEG file
which is no greater than 1.0MB in size. A hard copy should only be sent
via US mail under exceptional circumstances.
- All transcripts must be submitted directly by the
student's high school via e-mail in a PDF or JPEG file which is no
greater than 1.0 MB in size. A hard copy should only be sent via US
mail under exceptional circumstances.
The application, essay, electronic recommendation and transcript MUST BE RECEIVED in the APCA e-mailbox (APCA@att.com)
by Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 5 PM (Pacific Standard Time) for consideration.
To ensure all documents are received on time, do not wait until the last day to send in the materials.
You may direct questions to: June Tom at 415 499 4826 or e-mail us at APCA@att.com