information we collect about Members and Users. All use of CAAEN's products and
services, as well as visits to our websites, are subject to this Privacy
The Information We Collect, How We Collect
It, And How We Use It
may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use
of our products and services and our educational and professional relationship
with you. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us
to communicate with you -- including your name, address, telephone number,
and e-mail address;
- Career information related to your
educational and working relationship with us -- including your resume,
recommendations, volunteer performance, volunteer work performance
evaluations, awards and recognitions, educational data related to
attending leadership training programs;
- Equipment, Performance, CAAEN
Website Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use
of our computer cloud network, services, products or websites.
- Surveys related to your educational, networking, and working relationship
collect information in three primary ways:
- You give it to us when you enroll
or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide;
- We collect it automatically when
you visit our websites or use our products and services;
- We obtain it from other sources,
such as volunteer reference checks.
may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer
- Provide the services you enroll
for, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding
service updates, events, and news;
- Deliver customized content and
news that may be of interest to you;
- Investigate, prevent or take
action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service or
Acceptable Use Policies.
Online Activity Tracking and Advertising
- We may collect information about
your activity on CAAEN’s websites and social media outlets for a number of
purposes using technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies, Web beacons,
widgets and server log files.
CAAEN Member Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and Individual Member Group:
CAAEN may share your contact information with each other so that you have the
full benefit of what CAAEN has to offer. ERG’s and the IM group may not
directly contact CAAEN members without prior notice and authorization from the
CAAEN Secretary and/or Vice Chair of Communications. If your choose to opt-out, please contact us
Non-CAAEN Companies: We share your Personal Information
only with non-CAAEN companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as
necessary for them to perform those services.
- We require those non-CAAEN members
to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner
consistent with this policy.
- We do not provide Personal
Information to non-CAAEN companies for the marketing of their own products
and services without your consent.
Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to
non-CAAEN companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Responding to 911 calls and other
- Complying with court orders and
other legal process; and
- Enforcing our agreements and
Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- We collect some information on an
anonymous basis. We also may anonymize the personal information we collect
- We obtain aggregate data by
combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- When we employ non-CAAEN companies
to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, the requirements for sharing
Personal Information with non-CAAEN companies apply.
- We may share aggregate or
anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-CAAEN entities,
and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and
- Our websites are not designed to
attract children under the age of 13.
- We do not knowingly collect
personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless
we first obtain permission from that child's parent or legal guardian.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on
Data Protection and Security
- We do not sell your Personal
Information to anyone for any purpose. Period.
- We maintain information about you
in our business records while you are a member, or until it is no longer
needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or
other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when
stored or transmitted by CAAEN.
- We require non-CAAEN companies
acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive
in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such
information for any other purpose.
Customer Privacy Controls and Choices
- You can review and correct your
Personal Information collected by us.
- You can limit certain types of
solicitation communications from CAAEN, including marketing contacts made
via email, and social media.